‘Fundraise or Fee’ is an initiative being run by the Group. The purpose of the initiative is to increase fundraising revenues in the Group by increasing participation, incentivising all families to take part.
The initiative runs each year from October – September (in line with membership registration night), meaning that the first opportunity to get involved is usually the “12 Days of Christmas” tickets sales and the last opportunity is usually the final events of the race series fundraising (bag packs / water stations).
A €50 levy per youth member has been applied to the registration fees. Those who do not take part in sufficient fundraising activities are no entitled to a reduction in fees. The actual amount of a reduction depends on the number of youth members who took part in the fundraising initiative but typically is as follows:
|Fee*||Levy amount||Total Fee†|
|One youth member||€200||€50||€250|
|Two youth members||€350||€100||€450|
|Three youth members||€375||€150||€525|
|Four youth members||€400||€200||€600|
* This is the amount payable if the youth member(s) have taken part in the minimum number of sessions below, for each youth member.
†This is the total amount payable if the youth member(s) have not taken part in the minimum number of sessions below, for each youth member.
Minimum fundraising sessions for each youth member:
· Beaver Scouts -> Three sessions
· Cub Scouts, Scouts, Venture Scouts & Rover Scouts -> Four sessions
In all cases a parent or sibling can do the session on behalf of the member.
A fundraising session involves:
· Race series bag packing session (minimum 3 hours or the duration of the session if shorter)
· Staffing water station at race series (full attendance)
· Three hours supermarket bag packing
· Sale of a book of “12 Days of Christmas” tickets