Larch Hill Overnight
When: Saturday August 21st to Sunday August 22nd
Who: All Scouts and Ventures
Where: Larch Hill
Cost: €10 per scout, paid by August 15th.
Drop Off/Pick Up:
Scouts should be dropped off at 10:00am on Saturday at Larch Hill Carpark, a member of the Leader team will be there to meet your Scout. Collection will be at 2:00pm on Sunday.
Scouts will require all of the below equipment in order to participate in this overnight activity. You do not need to go our buying the best bits, keep an eye out in Lidl and Aldi for outdoor equipment! If you are having trouble accessing any of the below items please let us know and we will do our best to help you out!
- Packed lunch/snack for Saturday.
- Face-masks (at least 3 to allow for daily changing)
- Hand Sanitiser
- Neckerchief & Woggle
- Sleeping Bag
- Warm Clothes
- Night Wear
- Eating Equipment*
- Small Day Bag
- Water Bottle
- Hiking Boots
- Rain Gear (jacket and bottoms)
- Bivy Bag
This activity will be planned an executed fully aligned to Scouting Ireland and DCYA Covid-19 advice. Please see a summary of measures that we are implementing to make this activity Covid-19 safe!
- Scouts will be outdoors in open-air at all times.
- Scouts will be required to wear face-masks when adequate social distancing cannot be achieved.
- All Scouts will sleep in individual hammocks/tents, at least 2 meters apart from each other.
- We will be providing hand-washing and sanitising facilities (Scouts should also bring hand sanitiser).
Please confirm your scout(s) attendance via text by at this overnight by text by August 15th.