We are excited to announce our first overnight activity in over 14 months!
Our first overnight activity since pre-covid times will be a ham-mocking trip up to Larch Hill Scout Centre. On Saturday, Scouts will get the chance to pitch their own hammock, cook meals on open fire, and experience the outdoors! On Sunday, we will trek over to ZipIt to tackle the treetop high ropes course.
When: Saturday June 19 – Sunday June 20, 2021.
Where: Larch Hill Scout Centre + ZipIt Adventure Park (directions linked).
Cost: €35 per scout, paid on or before Thursday June 10.
Drop Off/Pick Up:
Scouts should be dropped off at 4:00pm on Saturday at Larch Hill Carpark, a member of the Leader team will be there to meet your Scout. Collection will be at 5:30pm on Sunday at ZipIt Carpark.
- Packed lunch/snack for Saturday.
- Face-masks (at least 3 to allow for daily changing)
- Hand Sanitiser
- Neckerchief & Woggle
- Sleeping Bag
- Warm Clothes
- Night Wear
- Eating Equipment*
- Small Day Bag
- Water Bottle
- Hiking Boots
- Rain Gear (jacket and bottoms)
- Bivy Bag
Scouts should pack all their equipment into a rucksack style bag that they can carry on their back. Scouts will be required to carry their bag and walk for a relatively long distance.
This activity will be planned an executed fully aligned to Scouting Ireland and DCYA Covid-19 advice. Please see a summary of measures that we are implementing to make this activity Covid-19 safe!
- Scouts will be outdoors in open-air at all times.
- Scouts will be required to wear face-masks when adequate social distancing cannot be achieved.
- All Scouts will sleep in individual hammock and tarps, at least 2 meters apart from each other.
- We will be providing hand-washing and sanitising facilities (Scouts should also bring hand sanitiser).
Register Your Scout:
Please register your Scout for this event using this form by Thursday June 10. Payment should also be brought up to the Den by the same date. Due to Covid-19 guidance, we have a limited number of spaces for this activity, places will be allocated on a first registered first-served basis.